It’s about peripheral vascular embolisation…
The Shape Memory IMPEDE® Peripheral Embolisation Plug is indicated to obstruct or reduce the rate of blood flow in the peripheral vasculature.
Comprised of a self-expanding porous shape memory polymer
(polyurethane), IMPEDE® is crimped for delivery and undergoes a heat driven shape change once deployed in a vessel. Rapid thrombosis occurs creating an effective, stable occlusion.
- High embolic material volume
- Efficient, predictable space filling
- Easily navigates tortuosity
- Minimal artefact
- Accelerated healing
- Simple to use
- Accurate placement
- Stable occlusion
Other features of the IMPEDE® Peripheral Embolisation Plug:
- Accelerated healing, less risk of recanalisation – Strong tissue (extracellular matrix, collagen) replaces polymer as it degrades
- Stable clot formation – Small interconnected clots rapidly form throughout the porous polymer scaffold
- Effective & predictable space filling – Fills large voids in a short space of time, with low radial force & low vessel trauma
- Minimal artefact – For clear post-procedural imaging
- Biocompatibility & excellent histologic response
For more information download our brochure here.
IMPEDE® Animation Video:
Watch the Shape Memory Medical IMPEDE® Peripheral Embolisation Plug Animation video below:
“Rapid thrombosis occurs creating an effective, stable occlusion”
If you would like further assistance with using our Shape Memory IMPEDE Peripheral Embolisation Plug range, or need advice on how to order, please call us on: 0114 268 8880
IMPEDE® Peripheral Embolisation Plug Webinar Video:
Click here to watch the Shape Memory Medical IMPEDE® Family Webinar with Dr. John Kaufman and Dr. Daniel van den Heuvel, held on the 24th September 2020.